Let’s unbar your SIM
You’ve been directed to visit this page by our customer support team. This will be because you have a SIM or SIMs that has been barred for exceeding the data allowance for the month.
Why do you bar SIMs?
We bar SIMs to protect you. Typically networks will charge you ‘over charges’ for going over your data allowance. In many cases these charges are massive. We’ve seen colleagues in the industry charged as much as £30,000 in a month for data outside of their bundle allowances.
At YB Communications we guarantee no overcharges by barring your SIM cards if they go excessively over the data allowance per SIM. Note that in most cases that means you won’t get barred until your driver has gone significantly over the allowance.
What do I need to do?
Firstly, you need to understand WHY the SIM card has used so much data. Typically dispatch systems like Autocab and iCabbi use relatively small amounts of data – and the use is fairly consistent. If a driver has gone significantly over their allowance this normally means something isn’t right, so check:
- Is the phone ‘locked down’ using something like Mobilock? It’s not 100% guaranteed to prevent driver misuse, but it does help.
- Are you using google maps unnecessarily (for example if maps are preinstalled on the device)?
- Have you signed into the Google Playstore (which will trigger automatic updates)? We recommend avoiding using the Playstore if possible.
- Have you checked what is using the data on the phone. Typically on Android phones you can check what apps are using the data by going to ‘Settings’ then ‘Data Usage’ and scrolling down to ‘App usage’.
- Have you spoken to the driver?
Once you have understood what’s caused the problem and taken steps to resolve it (usually by speaking with the driver) you can complete the form below and we’ll unbar the SIM as soon as possible. This can take up to 48 hours to process for some networks. All requests will be actioned by us on the same or next working day that the request is received.
Request a SIM unbar
Use the form below to request a SIM unbar. Please NOTE that as a gesture of goodwill we will give you an additional allowance for free ON TOP of the out of bundle use that this SIM has already used. If this additional allowance is also then used we will charge for an additional 1GB allowance to be added to the SIM card.