Fair Usage Policy
YB Communications Fair Use Policy
As a YB Communications customer you have certain usage obligations. This Fair Usage Policy explains your usage obligations, how to avoid breaching these obligations and what will happen if you fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance with our Fair Usage Policy is a requirement of our General Customer Terms and Conditions, which can be found at: https://ybcommunications.co.uk/index.php/terms-and-conditions/
- You must only use the services we provide for private, personal and legitimate business purposes
- You must only use equipment or mobile SIM cards for the purposes advertised, described in any user guides, or as instructed by us. You can’t use a SIM card in or connected to any device or hardware other than the device or hardware it is supplied with.
- Avoid using equipment or SIM cards other than as intended. For example using your SIM card in a modem instead of a mobile phone or tablet would fall outside this Fair Usage Policy.
- You must not use or allow anyone else to use the services or SIM cards for call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services and onward calling services, or to contact numbers that pay a revenue share and you can’t resell our services.
- Making unusually high volumes of calls, multiple calls at the same time or making calls to earn financial revenue or any other reward from these calls would constitute use of our services that would fall outside this Fair Usage Policy.
- You must not use our services to generate artificially inflated traffic or persistently send automated or unsolicited text messages.
- Some of our mobile plans come with ‘Unlimited’ bundles of calls or texts. Typically this would include calls or texts to UK only 01, 02, 03 and 07 (mobile) numbers. All other calls would be outside of your bundle. Note that the network operator may also apply their own Fair Usage Policy in relation to these bundle allowances. This may include excluding the use of your mobile SIM to send automated SMS messages using a text gateway.
- You must not use our services in any way that we reasonably believe impacts our network or other customers
- You must not use our services fraudulently, in connection with a criminal offence or in breach of any law or statutory duty, to make a call or send a message or to take pictures or video or send, upload, download, use or re-use any material, which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, a nuisance or a hoax in breach of any rights or anyone’s privacy or is otherwise unlawful.
- If your service was sold with ‘aggregated’ data across multiple devices we reserve the right to terminate your service or change your tariff if your average usage across your entire SIM holding exceeds 40% for three consecutive months.
- If your service was sold with ‘capped’ data you may incur usage charges outside of your bundle before your ‘cap’ takes effect.
- Our ‘data-only’ SIM cards sold to the UK Taxi trade are sold for the sole purposes of enabling mobile devices to communicate with automated dispatch systems and are NOT provided for normal consumer or business purposes (for example to access the internet, streaming and social media).
The above list is NOT exhaustive and we reserve the right to vary this policy at any time.
What happens if your usage falls outside of the Fair Usage policy.
If we reasonably suspect that you’re not complying with this policy, we reserve the right to bar your service until the next billing cycle has commenced, impose further charges, remove any allowances or bundles, or disconnect your service in its entirety.